Let me take a short moment to reflect on 2022. I had fun experimenting with plenty of short videos and longer interviews. For the first time, I invited experts to in-depth talks. My big focus was putting together more content on pairing typefaces and creating the Pairing Type online course. Also, the coaching calls gained some traction in 2022. While doing all that, the Font Friday recommendations continued, now counting 99 editions 🤯!
I focused more on connections than on learning content, like in 2021. Publishing reviews, coaching calls, and talks with experts. The most popular videos were the Font Matrix and the Font Choice Webinar.
- The YouTube Channel is now at 3.36K subscribers (+1.2K in this year)
- 10 videos were published, of which
- 5 are talks, that I also released as podcast
- 27 Shorts, which are also on Instagram and TikTok.
My main focus for 2022 with:
- A lengthy article on the Font Matrix,
- Which I also published for Google Fonts Knowledge.
- I held a Font Pairing workshop for the League of Moveable Type, and
- Created the online course Pairing Typefaces like a Pro.
Podcasts & Talks
A few high quality podcasts and events I had the pleasure to participate in:
- I guested on 4 podcasts
- Talked at one online event at IDUG Hamburg, and
- A live talk in Stockholm at Spajk 2022.
Thanks for your engagement, comments and replies. And also to all the foundries that provided the typefaces for review. In 2022:
- 50 Font Reviews were published, and
- Sent to 1,441 subscribers (+441 in this year).
Right now, I’m planning out content for 2023. What are you most interested in? Where can I help you even more? Let me know in the comments below! But most of all, thanks for being a part of Pimp my Type. Have a wonderful rest of the year!
Cheers ¶ Oliver