UI design is so damn complex!
Imagine knowing what to focus on
Get clarity with the UI Design Check
- Become aware of what’s not working from a design perspective.
- Get advice what should be addressed.
- Set priorities what to focus on, so it has the most impact.
What will be checked?
When your UI design is streamlined, everything works together smoothly, and it puts your business and its audience in action. This is why I center the six criteria of the UI Design Check around the acronym of A.C.T.I.O.N.:
Appeal – Making a great impression
- Is the design attractive?
- Does it fit the topic, branding, or company?
- Is the visual design coherent?
Clarity – Reducing the load
- Is cluttering avoided?
- Are alignment and spacing consistent?
- Are similar elements reused for similar things?
Typography – Uniting words and meaning
- Is the type choice clear and legible?
- Are font sizes appropriate?
- Is color contrast sufficient?
Interaction – Making it easy to use
- Are changes of state clearly shown?
- Is it clear what’s interactive?
- Are there sufficient target sizes?
- Is information not only relying on color?
Order – Setting priorities
- Is the most important information/action on top?
- Are the other hierarchies clear?
- Are things grouped that belong together?
Navigation – Putting the user in control
- Is it clear where I am?
- Is it obvious where to go next, and how to go back?
- Is progress clearly shown?
How much is the UI Design Check?
Unlike automatic or generic advice you find on the internet, the UI Design Check does not leave you hanging when it comes to concrete questions.
Rather, the UI Design Check it is an honest and actionable design audit of your app or website, giving you a roadmap on what to work on next.
The price of the UI Design Check is € 3,000 *, which includes:
- Kick-off call to get me familiar with your project and challenges.
- Design review of up to 10 pages or templates (desktop & mobile).
- Summary of all design issues in one document.
- Initial thoughts how to proceed (written out, no designs).
- Screencast or video call explaining the results.